It is fair to say that the power tool market is saturated with various makes and models, all offering different features and functions. You would be forgiven for thinking that the more you pay, the better the product would be. This product goes against the grain, it is one of the most affordable models available, but still provides the user with a good quality and efficient tool.
This miter saw offers straight and precise cuts every time, and with the battery operated laser which aligns the blade to the workpiece, you can be sure of accuracy every time.
Homecraft have thought about safety in the design of this tool, it features a spindle lock that holds the blade in place during changes, preventing any accidents.
This miter Saw is perfect for the DIYer in the family or for everyday use in a professional environment, as discussed on Straight Kerfs website. Many carpenters use this as a light weight portable tool rather than carrying a heavy duty saw that is more suited to a workshop. Weighing only 25.5 pounds, it can be easily moved from site to site and because it measures 13 inches X 21 inches X 13 inches it can be stored in the smallest of spaces.
Some manufacturers see an opportunity to earn money out of the consumer by making a specific stand available for each model, this saw is different, it is compatible with nearly all miter saw stands, a refreshing change from a profit driven market place.
- It has denoted stops at 0, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45 degrees
- It features a powerful 14-amp motor that cuts through wood like butter and spins the 10-inch blade at 5500 RPM
- Lightweight unit is easy to move from room to room or even from job to job.
- The saw can make left bevel cuts from 0 to 47 degrees
- Works with virtually all miter saw stands
- UL listed and comes with a 3-year warranty
- Spindle lock hold spindle securely while blade nut is loosened and removed
- Cuts nominal 4×4 and 2×6 at 90 degrees and 2×6 at bevel setting, with one pass
- Ergonomic handle for safe, predictable operation
The price of this model most definitely does not reflect the quality, many professionals use this as a second tool. While it is capable of producing professional standard cuts, it would not be suitable for constant use, day in, day out.
It has a powerful motor for the price. You really couldn’t expect a better tool for the money.
It is hard to try and find some negatives with this tool. One little thing is that some of the switches and parts are a little light weight, but what would you expect from a tool supplied at this amazing price.
If you are looking to attack a job at home that you have been putting off for years, make the job easier with this tool, you definitely won’t be disappointed.