When you watch the adverts on TV, you wonder how you ever managed without a pressure washer.The man manages to wash his house, his patio, his drive, almost effortlessly. So, you wonder whether you need to buy your own pressure washer and are they as good as they seem to be on the adverts.
The first thing you need to do is work out exactly what you want your pressure washer to do. Yes, this sounds obvious, but you can clean almost anything from a patio to a car. But you may want to know what other features they have. There is a lot to think about when buying a pressure washer. To help you, take a look at a specialist site like Wash Wisely before deciding which model you are going to choose. Then you can be sure of ending up with the capabilities and the features that you need.
Types of Pressure Washer
All pressure washers actually work the same way. The machine has water coming into it at normal pressure. Then there is a motor that pumps the water out at a much higher pressure. The motor can be either powered by electricity or by gas.
- The electric models are normally lighter and are generally powerful enough for normal home and garden use. They need to be plugged into an electrical socket when they are being used. They are light, clean, easy-to-use and suitable for weekend use as opposed to daily use.
- These are recommended for more regular use. They are heavy duty and often more powerful. They are more mobile as you don’t need to be connected to a power socket.
Pressure washers are generally referred to by the size of the pressure provided.
- 1500 PSI or below. Light washing including cars, garden furniture, garden tools, and bins.
- 1500 to 2800 PSI.Medium washing including lawnmowers, gutters, patios, and driveways.
- 2800 PSI upwards. Heavy-duty washing including larger or dirtier driveways, patios, and walls.
Features of Pressure Washers
A pressure washer can be very handy in the summer. Some of the features will define how easy your pressure washer would be to use and how effective it would be.
- Motor size. The more powerful the motor or engine, the more heavy-duty the washer is.
- Water flow rate. This is usually measured in litres per hour. High litres per hour and high PSI means a very efficient cleaning capability.
- Water butt connector. You can connect your pressure washer to a water butt, if you purchase this accessory. This enables you to use rainwater to clean. This is not only more economical but is also much better for the environment.
- Cord length. If you are buying the power version, check how long the power cord is. The average length is 5 m.
Using a Pressure Washer
You may imagine that all you will do with the pressure washer is clean. Yes, that is perfectly true, but you can put it to great use with the jobs you can do with it.
- Prior to painting. Whether you going to paint a wall, a fence, or a piece of garden furniture, clean it with a pressure washer first and this will make your painting easier.
- You can easily wash bicycles, cars, trailers etc using a pressure washer.
- Outdoor areas. It’s much easier to clean your patio, decking, walls, fences, and even gutters with a pressure washer.
Pressure Washer Accessories
People also wonder whether they need accessories for a pressure washer. Pressure washers do come with a selection of attachments, for example nozzles and brushes. You can buy further accessories if you need to. Things like interchangeable ones or water butt connectors. You could add detergent to help clean for example cleaning your car.Some models of pressure washer have packages with different attachments. You need to decide the main use of your pressure washer and buy the accessories accordingly.If your main use is cleaning at your patio, then by all means buy the patio cleaner attachment as it will make a thankless task a lot easier.
A pressure washer is a useful piece of equipment to have. It makes cleaning outside areas a lot easier and you can literally see the dirt disappear before your eyes.